Dear CCC church family,
Our community is well aware of the decision made by the Luxembourg government that large group meetings are now off limits for us, due to the coronavirus issues developing across Europe.
As a result of this order, we will not be having our Sunday service at the International School of Luxembourg until at least the beginning of April.
However, we'll continue Sunday morning worship services by video livestream, as you can see below. In addition, we will hold a mid-week Bible study and prayer time on Wednesdays.
UPDATES ON UPCOMING LIVESTREAMS
Wednesday evening, 18 March, 19:30
Bible study on application of James 1 to the coronavirus emergency by livestream on Zoom and YouTube
Sunday morning, 22 March, 10:30
Worship by video livestream on Zoom and YouTube, message by Pastor Joël Meyer on Psalm 139
Wednesday evening, 25 March, 19:30
Bible study on application of James 1 to the coronavirus emergency by livestream Zoom and YouTube
Sunday morning, 29 March, 10:30
Worship by video livestream Zoom and YouTube, message by Pastor Tim Heijermans on Psalm 46
Most of our other regular weekday meetings are also cancelled until further notice: Filipino Bible study; Mondays in Matthew; Ladies Bible study; congregational prayer meeting; Bible Blast for teens; Explorers group; Activity Club; and Luxembourgish Bible study. The weekly BTCP sessions will be held by online conference.
These times test our faith and are opportunities for growth. Our God is just as sovereign today as he was yesterday, and so we trust Him. Let's pray that God will guide us as we think about how best to move forward in worship, service to each other and to our community. This is a time when the gospel can shine, but it is also a time when we may experience difficulties we have not yet faced in our generation in Europe.
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. (James 1:2-8 NAS)
Turning Point 2019
Watch the Turning Point 2019 conference:
26th of December 2019
What is the post-Christian European context all about? 26th December 2019 - Turning Point 2019
Speaker: Tim Heijermans
27th of December 2019
How did we get where we are today? 27th December 2019 - Turning Point 2019
Speakers: Tim Heijermans and Harald Ulrich
Plenary session: Panel discussion with all speakers: Heijermans, Ulrich, Meyer, Barnes, Colas
28th of December 2019
Plenary session: ”Worship in the local church”
Speaker: Steve BARNES
Workshop: “Worship, music and evangelism", led by Kristi Colas
Join us 26-29 December for our bi-annual missions conference for university students and young professionals, single or married.
You may register via the Google form here.
For more details, download the brochure from here.
Reaching the secular mind of post-Christian postmodern Europe
• How can I better understand the last 250 years which have shaped the thinking of my European friends and colleagues about spiritual things?
• How can I pierce through the indifference, intellectual sophistication and Satanic blindness of our times with the message of the gospel?
• Does God want me to sacrifice or compromise anything to be successful in my local church’s God-given mission?
• Do I have to adapt anything in the Bible’s message in order to relate to people shaped by post-Christian thinking and acting?
Join us to find answers to these vital questions through the Bible sessions and workshops.
Thursday afternoon - Sunday afternoon, 26 - 29 December 2019
• Participants are encouraged to stay until after the Sunday morning worship service if at all possible. The conference sessions themselves will conclude on Saturday afternoon at 15:00.
University students and young professionals – single or married –who know Christ and are committed in their local church to be used by God in evangelism and the multiplication of churches in Europe.
• We encourage participating local churches to also send a church leader where possible so that the local church benefits to the maximum from the missions emphasis. We, unfortunately, cannot accommodate children.
Mobilizing for evangelizing and discipling believers to help plant healthy, biblical local churches at a turning point in European history
• equip active Christians to approach secular, post-Christian people —many who may consider themselves “cultural Christians” — with the gospel, while using discernment and faithfulness to Scripture;
• introduce Europeans from similar strong churches and different EU countries to each other and enhance their sense of mission together;
• urge young Europeans eagerly and enthusiastically to grasp the baton of evangelism and church planting passed on by earlier church planters;
• strengthen participating local churches to motivate and train young adults for ministry.
Christian Community Church, asbl, Luxembourg
• Lighthouse meeting room, 34, rue du Dernier Sol
Luxembourg-Bonnevoie, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
Tel. pastors’ offices:
(+352) 26 36 23 11 Meyer
(+352) 36 95 83 Heijermans
Church web site: www.ccclux.com
• We hope to place as many participants as possible in private homes. Depending upon the number of participants we may need to use the Luxembourg city youth hostel (€25,20 per person per night, breakfast included, for youth hostel members). This would be an additional charge). More detailed information, based on the number of participants, is forthcoming.
70€- (before 1 December)
80€- (after 1 December)
• plus your transport to and from Luxembourg
• a love offering will be taken to cover other conference costs
• we do not want people who would like to attend to be hindered because of lack of funds
• register at www.ccclux.com by clicking “Turning Point 2019” on the homepage and going to the registration form at the “Turning Point” info page
• please pay to:
Christian Community Church, asbl,
IBAN: Dexia Bank LU75 0020 1342 7130 0000, Swift code: BILLLULL
Comment line: “Turning Point 2019"